Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Bit of Bird Fun

 Well, after spending all that time trying to get my head around the underglaze test tiles, (more on that later!)  I do have a fun project in the works as well.
 Birds!
 I was quite inspired by seeing the sculptures by Emily Wilson in Asheville, and no doubt am influenced by her work with this set of birds, (more elongated-- planning to do in more colors)

However, even before that, I had wanted to do some more birds.  I made several some years ago for in my garden.  They were also about this size, about the size of a fist, with wings outstretched, fat bodies and tails up.  I glazed them in a glossy white, and they had a hole in the bottom large enough for a 1 cm wood dowel.  I used the dowels to place them on finials that i had thrown in sections.  I  am down to only one of these birds left, I don't know what happened to the others!!


No comments:

Post a Comment