Friday, April 19, 2013

Notes on some ongoing ideas

 Just a couple of notes on things...
I changed the SD card on the camera, and found that I had taken a photo of my letter tiles a week or two ago.  They are shown here laid out on a paper.  the largest tiles are about 8 inches tall,

 Of course there are lots of things to look at and mull over.  there were a lot of square tiles that have letters on them that i did not think to take a photo of.   I'm not really satisfied with them at this point.  I need to mull over why that is and what to do next about this project. 

2.  About a year ago I made this little tree and the birds.  You can tell the scale of  them by the size of the lilies.
 The birds aren't permanently affixed to the tree branch, but there are holes with a wire that connects them. 
 I think that I'd like to try another thing like this, and vary it a bit.  Also, what about leaves on a tree.  Or maybe a more abstract perch for the birds.  Maybe more birds. 

This morning I went to a sculpture class at "Savannah's Clay Spot" (HI Lisa).  It was quite fun, and somewhat stimulating.  I need to think about what I want to make, but in the meantime, I have started to make a large oval, "boat-shaped" footed bowl.  and also a hill with a couple of sheep on it.  Not sure where I'm going with that yet. 

4 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing the hill o'sheep! i have a particular fondness for sheep...
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your sheep too! Your birds are very sweet. The discs with the letters on them really caught my eye too. Wonderful things to look at this morning! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings I am so delighted I found your website, I really found you by accident, while I was looking
    on Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here now and
    would just like to say many thanks for a fantastic post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the superb work.

    Here is my site ... simply click the following web site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog, and by that let me learnt about yours... beautiful works, both in clay and quilting!

    ReplyDelete