Thursday, February 7, 2013

Critique #2

On the whole, I really enjoy making these little trays. They are quite a nice shape to try out ideas on.

Often the underside is quite different than the top. I like the way the signature is in a cartouche.

It can be surprisingly tricky to paint an even edge when using 3 coats of underglaze. the circles are trailed dots, using wet newsprint circles as guides.
mishima with red underglaze, trailed white slip over pale blue underglaze.
I like trailed lines and dots, it seems. I like a dotted line better than a solid outline, in general, unless it is mishima.
the same flowers as in the dish above, but this time using trailed underglaze instead of mishima,. the rabbit shape was masked off with newsprint, then outlined in brown.
I rather like this one. It uses one of my favorite screens, with the numbers on it. I also like the dots in turquoise over the deep yellow. I like the fanning of the white trailed lines over the dark blue.
this is the underside of the same dish.

This is the link to Mud Colony to see what others are doing this week! http://mudcolony.blogspot.ca/

4 comments:

  1. I love your little trays too! Your surface decorating is lovely! My fav is the yellow and turquoise one. The numbers look great and I love the radiating lines! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and me too. I especially like your rabbit one :^) BTW nice to meet another Mud Colony contributor..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Everyone loves rabbits, don't they? I agree Anna, the linkup is a fun way to be in touch with others and see such a wide variety of ideas,

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting! I love the little trays also:) looking forward to browsing through your work room.......

    ReplyDelete