Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Little trays

I have been keeping most of the pots I made recently, partly because I tried out so many different combinations of underglaze colors and motifs.
This is one of the color combinations that I liked, shown on two little slab dishes.they are about 3" wide, 5" long, and 1-1/4" tall.

 both of them use a beige underglaze coating, 3 layers,
silkscreened ovals in white,
silkscreened pattern in deep yellow, either the crosshatching or the dots
silkscreened motifs in chocolate brown,
trailed underglaze dots in chocolate brown
 the white over beige makes a kind of iridescent look.



3 comments:

  1. oh - i love these! they remind me of several similar little tray thingies my grandma used to keep on her dresser to 'put things in'. very useful! i think they would make great little 'pin dishes' for flinging pins into when you are sewing.
    besides, they're just plain beautiful!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very sweet, I was thinking "butter dish" when I first saw them but they could be used for so much. Love what you're doing with the glaze.

    ReplyDelete