Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Getting Ready for a bisque fire,

Every now and then I want to try using some commercial decals on some pots.
A while back, I made a squared slab bowl, but it cracked, and so I tried it again recently.   I added a bit of texture, which I highlighted with underglazes. I also left some wide-open areas planning to put the decals on this pot.

I went online to find these decals, and they mailed them to me. Onmost of them the scale is larger than I thought it was,  Which is a typical thing to happen when you order online, But I'm sure they'll do just fine.  

So these are a few other things that I've accumulated to put in the bisque fire.
I haven't been very active at all lately with clay, what with doing all this sewing for and rediscovering Crosstitch and gardening and other yard work...
So as a result I'm really scrounging around to fill the bisque kiln so that I can try these decals. I did make six little saucer plates with that in mind and they don't have that much underglaze decoration on so I think the decals will work well.


A shape that I've been playing with lately is a little covered jar, and some of them seem to be developing a crack in the same place. I'm not sure why,
Of course this blue one won't be getting any decals, it's pretty done already.


3 comments:

  1. that little blue one is lovely!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the cracked containers...they are very nice otherwise. And I love the saucers and their scalloped edges too.

    ReplyDelete