Saturday, January 11, 2014

Slowpoke

I have been so slow in making new work, 
These are some small slab plates that I started in September and glazed in December.  
I left spaces to put flower decals, so I hope to do that in the next few weeks,
These are some mugs I made at the same time.  The front one is handbuilt, the others are thrown.
These lovely dishes were made by my son and his girlfriend in September when Lisa ( at the Clay Spot in Savannah) gave them an introduction to throwing!  She is such a good teacher!  
The colors all coordinate so well!  And the gorgeous textile was a Christmas gift from Dierdre.  It is an Indian cloth covered in rows of stitching! 







3 comments:

  1. well - shame on you for being so slow finishing these...after all, you have nothing else on your plate right now! hee hee! good grief - be gentle with yourself! and the little plates are quite beautiful...
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful - and always a treat when a lovely cloth gives the setting that added touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, I'm really looking forward to adding the decals.....

    ReplyDelete