Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mishima

whether some of these are technically mishima, I don't know. 
Mishima is usually used to describe laying slip into incised lines in the clay.  Often I press lines into clay with stamps, especially carved wooden or rubber stamps.  Other times I draw into the clay with a somewhat blunt pencil. 
 here, the gray lines were made with bisque roller stamps, and the circle and flower design on the lower part of the pot is made with a flexible rubber stamp.
 Here the mishima is the red flowers.
 I often use it on edges
 I usually remove the extra color on top with a flexible metal rib, and a damp sponge. 

2 comments:

  1. these are beautiful!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting...great variety:) looks like you are enjoying your creative experimenting.

    ReplyDelete