Friday, January 18, 2013

Responding to Leigh

I want to respond to a question from Leigh that I just noticed in a comment from October, sorry about not answering earlier. About what clear glaze might work well on Little Loafers clay body...
I live in two different places-- savannah, Georgia and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and so I work with two different clay bodies, and in two different studios with different kilns....
I am most happy with the clear glaze that I have been using on the clay I use in Canada. It doesn't craze and is really glossy, plus it is pretty user friendly during application.
I am wondering what it would be like on little loafers, and so I brought back a piece of greenware from Savannah that I will try glazing with it. Haven't got a glaze fire load ready yet, so I will let you know how it goes.
The glaze I'm using is 1215U by digital fire, the glaze site from Plainsman Clays in Alberta

No comments:

Post a Comment