Monday, May 21, 2012

Mishima, glazed!

I went to the studio, and what a nice surprise to find Lisa had fired some of my pieces,
I was quite pleased with how the mishima mugs came out..
 I put "Jade Green" inside all of them, and then some I glazed the outside with clear glaze, and some got the green on the outside as well/

 The handles seem okay after all, although a bit on the larger side,
 The place where the glazes overlap make a nice variation of color,

 Not sure if I like the background with vertical lines, or horizontal.

3 comments:

  1. both backgrounds are nice - and using both makes for a set that isn't entirely 'matchy'. and there's nothing wrong with big handles - i always feel more secure holding a cup of hot liquid if the handle is substantial!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those last two with the black and white mishima and green inside! I love seeing your things at the Clay Spot; they are so inspirational for everyone! :) You should make one of those with the horizontal lines for me and do an artist swap before you leave. :)

    ReplyDelete