Sunday, May 27, 2012

More decorating

I continue to decorate greenware,
 a couple of vases, mugs and bowls. Also a little footed bowl-- (they sure are hard to get on straight when you put the bowl on top of the base,)
I am really liking the combination of mishima next to the colored areas with slip trailing on the vases.

I'd like to get the vases a bit taller next time,
There is a bit of silk screen stencilling on the bowls,
 I've been making silk-screens, but have to get used to how to use them. 
 These things I decorated a week or so ago, and glazed them a few days ago.
Looking forward to seeing some fired work soon. 
A good thing about getting back to Saskatoon will be to get my kilns hooked up and my little studio working. 

Nb. Mitzi-- I left a mug for you on your shelf at the Clay Spot!

4 comments:

  1. I love the bowl with numbers and dots! looks like you are having fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the way the bowls are so beautiful even upside down - i can only imagine what the insides look like!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle you are wonderful! I will swing by today to pick it up! When are you leaving? I will have to make you something special. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like using it! No strings attached, --I've enjoyed this focusing on mugs for the surfaces to decorate, and as you can imagine they have been accumulating, -- I came across a potter here whose work I love!

      Delete