Tuesday, May 22, 2012

pattern play

 I am learning how to make silkscreens to add more pattern to the surface of the pots
It is interesting, but I need to develop more familiarity with it.
I made a few screens last week, and on Thursday I made some pots with flattish areas to put the pattern on. 
 Monday, I trimmed up the items, and put handles on the two mugs.  I did some decorating at the studio, but wasn't able to concentrate too well, and so I brought a few of the things home to decorate later in the day when I can think better. 
 I'm liking the turquoise, brown and red combo.
 this screen with the little flowers seems to be the most useful one I have made to date.




You daub thick underglaze through the screen on to the surface of the pot, and it helps if the surface is smooth. 

1 comment: