Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Patterns for Silk Screening

I want to use some generic type of imagery for silk-screening, that is, some really simple repetition of shapes, rather than figurative images.
I like dots, and so I  made some grids using little dot stickers.  They seem to come in colors and so I colored them black with a sharpie.
Then I stuck them down onto graph paper to make a grid.
 I made a few copies so that I could add other marks on to the grid:
 also made a grid where they are spaced a bit further apart.
 I also drew a sheet with just straight parallel lines, one with wavy lines, one with a square grid, and some with ovals.  I hope to burn some screens this week. 
 However, after using some of my first screens on clay this week, I find that it's sort of tricky to use them on curved surfaces.  I'm wondering about making some tiles.






1 comment: