Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Decorating

Some time ago I was decorating some pieces and using newspaper shapes as resists.  I couldn't help but notice how nice the actual paper shapes looked on the clay.


I love the little bursts of random color surrounded by the more controlled colors.
 I don't know how to get this effect on a finished piece without a whole lot of trouble.  Maybe just get some sheets of decals made up that are copies of actual newspaper pages! But where do you get decals made that are full color and in lots less than 100 sheets of the same thing..... hmm.


2 comments:

  1. http://ceramicdecalprinting.com/

    They print specifically what you print them in color. Keep in mind that these aren't foodsafe, but they would be perfect for the pieces you have here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as easy as that! I think that I will try that out, although, in your opinion,since you use decals on some of your pieces, is the extra firing worth it, or just a nuisance? Michelle

      Delete