Saturday, April 14, 2012

What to do with the Birds..

 I made some birds without a clear plan of what to do with them.  So I have been thinking about it.   I did put two little holes in each to put wire legs in later, so that I can perch them somehow. 
I have these two wooden birds by Jim Mullen (Mullenium) that he puts on vintage objects. Which is a thought. Or a person could make some sort of object out of clay.
 I also have this little vintage bird ornament where the birds perch on a branch,
 I think this has a lot of potential, and maybe I could do one where there are places to put more birds,
I think it would be best to make the pedestal and the birds separately and then combine them later. 
I love these ones, they are so pink.

2 comments:

  1. I put those birdies in a firing that I loaded last night so hopefully they will be out soon for you to experiment with them! :)

    Also, since you're a quilting person, I thought you would enjoy Amy Sanders works if you don't know about her already. See you tonight!

    http://theretherepottery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitzi, thanks for the link, andd I am looking forward to seeing stuff from the kiln when I get back, I missed the class last night,, :(

      Delete