Monday, September 17, 2012

Anna Lambert, ceramicist

As I explore around the web, I find all sorts of people working in clay who create amazing objects.  Last night I found a site that shows the work of Anna Lambert, here.  She is a clay artist who has been working for over 30 years in North Yorkshire, and is currently working on an MA, hoping to change from coil to slab construction.
  I went back again this evening to the website, and it makes me hurt to see her stuff.  It makes me want to do work this good. 
okay, I'm not enamoured of the handle, but look at the body of this pitcher, the stripes are wonderful,
bowls stacked on a tray, with spoons featuring goldfinches

candlestick, about 42cm tall
butter dish
I like the color palette, I like the shapes, I like the birds, I like the influences of rock, and the abstraction of nature,
Well, that's all for now.




3 comments:

  1. Those are ROCK STAR! I've been wanting to make more spoons and those are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Mitzi, I am really impressed by them, I hope your hand catcher things are going well,

    ReplyDelete