Monday, September 10, 2012

Electricity

Yesterday I spent several hours out of doors in the back yard. Partly we were able to fill in the forty foot trench where the new electrical line runs out to the garage, but as you can see there are still lots of bricks to re-install into a small patio area.
I also had a lovely coffee break with a blueberry poppyseed muffin and espresso in one of my favorite German cups.
On saturday I took the elements out of the top half of my little kiln but when I started to replacethem I found that the new ones I had ordered in were the wrong size. So they are going to get in the right ones but I guess that will take another week or two. I might try to fire the kiln using only the bottom ring. It's been about 3-1/2 months since I've been able to see anything finished and it's starting to get to me. Also I've made a few clay forms to use as tools so it would be nice to. Get them to the bisque stage.
The third photo here is a screen capture of the site of Scottish potter Karen mcphail. I notice that she is using some decals of newspaper type which was something I had thought would be fun to try and sure enough it looks really good. I still might try it sometime.
I bought some new cones for the kiln but also found my stash of cones from 11 years ago. Would they still be good? They have also been frozen since then...

1 comment: