Saturday, September 15, 2012

First Glaze

Yesterday I tried to fire my half-kiln up to cone six.  At 1 a.m. I shut it off without it having turned itself off.  This morning when I opened it up, I was relieved to see that the cone had started to bend, so it probably got up to cone 5.  Happily, the clear glaze that I had put most of my faith in turned out beautifully!  It is the 1215 from Digital Fire/Plainsman, which I will post later,


So, I am really pleased to finally get some feedback. 
the other clear glaze that I tested didn't quite melt, and is pretty stony. 
I have been using the little rabbit mug all afternoon,
Hope you're having a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. that little bunny mug is grand! i know it made your tea (or coffee) taste even better!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. delightful outcomes...looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I was so pleased to see something finished. Of course I used the bunny mug right away,

    ReplyDelete