Friday, September 7, 2012

Late this afternoon I tried to make some silk screens. Although I got most of the supplies during the last couple of weeks it seems that nobody in Saskatoon sells the little tray/carrier for the emulsion to use to apply it to the screen. One of the shop assistants said that many people use the squeegee thing to spread it on. So, I tried this. It was pretty messy and not particularly even in it's coverage. The other little problem is that I did get a light box but it is quite small and the light seems brighter on one side of the screen than the other. The first screen I did didn't work t too well. The second one worked a bit better but still not perfect. The dimmer side of the light box made a blurrier print. Well I'll try again later and see what happens.
On a more optimistic note the plug in fort kiln will hopefully be installed tomorrow. My neighbor and I have dug a forty foot long trench, eighteen inches deep to lay the cable into from the house to the garage. It goes under a small sidewalk and through a patio area so I had to dig up a bunch of paving bricks. The lengths we must go to! I guess this weekend I will be trying to re-lay the patio. But finally! I hope to be able to fire some greenware. Who knows what it will look like when it's all glazed.

1 comment:

  1. well I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product:) Sounds like a lot of work so take it easy relaying the bricks!!

    ReplyDelete