Thursday, September 27, 2012

Some finished pots,

I do have a few photos of some finished pots-- yay,
The pots in this post were ones that I fired last week at home, before I came to spend a few weeks in Savannah,
spread out on the table,
a little morning espresso mug
 another little espresso mug,  - they have to be short enough to fit under the nozzle, and also not too large to hold only 3 or 4 ounces of coffee,
 the pink inside the mug is an underglaze, and I used the nice clear glaze I tried from the Digital Fire web-site,
 I've branched out into hand-building lidded containers. I might be applying the glaze to thickly, although again, this is only to cone 5, as the kiln didn't make it to cone 6.  Just the day before I left, they came into the pottery supply store, so they'll be waiting to install when I return home!
 I like making this style of bowl, and they seem to vary a bit in wonkiness,
 I really enjoy doing screen printing on the pots, and slip trailing too.  I love dots. 
I am linking up to the Mud colony site today,  here, you can check out what other potters are doing, and it is fun to follow along from week to week.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always Michelle. Are these at Periwinkle? It's about time we ran into each other. xo t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi L is renting space in my studio. Come and visit when you have time. My number is in the phone book. and I'm in Stoon now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wonky pots are delightfully...well...wonky! and i agree with you about the dots!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pieces are so nicely decorated and I love the shapes! I also like your little lidded pieces. I'm big time into lids myself! Everything looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in S'toon Michelle? If so, I've been in your quilting shop and I live just north of Regina!

    ReplyDelete